Staff Development Events
The Staff Development Committee is excited to offer staff events and programs that give colleagues in the Division of Student Life the opportunity to connect, build community, and expand their ability to serve the University of Washington.
Student Life Informal New Employee Orientation
Thursday, October 13th, 12-1:30 p.m., Alder 106
The Student Life Staff Development committee is hosting an informal new employee orientation for those new to the Division of Student Life. We will provide an overview of the division and attendees will have the opportunity to meet some others in the division. This is over the lunch hour, so please feel free to bring your own lunch.
Student Life Staff Happy Hour
Thursday, October 13th, 4:30-6:00 p.m., Flowers
Join colleagues in the division for a casual, no host, happy hour. We’ll be at Flowers Bar and Restaurant (4247 University Way NE).
Information Sessions – Resources for Managers of Student Employees
The following workshops will provide an introduction and overview resources for managers developed by the Task Force on Student Employment. There is no need to RSVP. You can attend in person or using Zoom online.
- Friday, October 14 @ 1:00 p.m. in Odegaard 320 or online at https://uwtest.zoom.us/j/9976209952
- Wednesday, October 19 @ 10:00 a.m. in Odegaard 320 or online online at https://uwtest.zoom.us/j/9976209952
- If you are joining online you will need to download the Zoom app prior to the meeting. It only takes a few short minutes.
Wednesday, December 14th, 3:30-5:00 p.m., HUB Lyceum
Our annual Division of Student Life Winter Celebration will be Candyland themed this year! Join colleagues to celebrate the end of wonderful Autumn Quarter and get ready to relax a little before the start of Winter Quarter. We will have snacks, activities, and raffles!
Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 1:00-5:00 p.m., Maple/Alder Halls
We are bringing back the Student Life Half-day Conference! Do you have a great topic you want to present on? Do you want to practice presenting with colleagues around campus before deciding to present at a regional or national conference? The Student Life Half-day Conference is a great opportunity to present and learn from colleagues across the division.
Call for Programs – OPEN – http://tinyurl.com/studlifeconference
Program Proposals DUE January 30, 2017
- Aaron Jorgenson, Housing and Food Services, Residential Life
- Aprille Cabanas, Housing and Food Services, UW Dining
- Arianna Adedbot, Career Center at Engineering
- Chelsa Ayers, Parent & Family Programs
- Jessica Norma, Recreational Sports
- Jessie Smith, Career & Internship Center
- Sue Ann Huang, Housing and Food Services, Residential Life
Contact the Committee
Additional questions about these upcoming events or interested in being involved?
Contact the Student Life Staff Development Committee Chair, Sue Ann Huang, at firstname.lastname@example.org.